700,000 Cubans evacuated so far.
The island is in a state of emergency; the Indian, US embassy and Dutch government are working together to help the people affected. With the locals taking over the streets as no law and order in place, there is a situation of evacuation, as the scenario seems to get worst.
Irma is expected to make landfall in Florida as an extremely dangerous major hurricane, and will bring life-threatening wind impacts to much of the state regardless of the exact track of the centre. Five million people are evacuated from Miami, USA.
Total rain accumulations of 8 to 15 inches, with isolated amounts of 20 inches are expected over the Florida Keys and much of the Florida peninsula through Tuesday night. Irma will likely bring periods of heavy rain to much of the Florida Panhandle, Georgia, South Carolina, and western North Carolina early next week.
A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for-
* Volusia/Brevard County Line southward around the Florida peninsula to Anclote River.
* Florida Keys
* Tampa Ba
A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for-
* North of the Volusia/Brevard County Line to the Flagler/Volusia County line
* North of Anclote River to Suwannee River
A Hurricane Warning is in effect for-
* Volusia/Brevard County Line southward around the Florida peninsula to Anclote River
* Florida Keys
* Lake Okeechobee
* Florida Bay
* Cuban provinces of Camaguey, Ciego de Avila, Sancti Spiritus, Villa Clara, and Matanzas
* Central Bahamas and Ragged Island
* Northwestern Bahama
A Hurricane Watch is in effect for-
* North of the Volusia/Brevard County Line to Fernandina Beach
* North and west of Anclote River to Indian Pass
* Cuban provinces of Holguin and Las Tunas
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for-
* Cuban provinces of Holguin, Las Tunas, La Habana, and Ciudad de la Habana
Refecence- Irma Hurricane NHC 09 Sept 2017.